Who is the Verbal Visualizer?

Monday, October 15, 2018

When do you say "SORRY"?

Good Morning Monday!

As I ease back into the work week I check my inbox and start to reply... I get an  "Automatic Response"... Great! That means they are on it!!!! However it starts with a "Sorry"... The first thought it WHY ARE YOU APOLOGIZING??? Every takes time off... we NEED it... that's is why we take it... BUT to start off with an apology.... 

It's is something we all say... I'm Sorry for being late, for forgetting, for UMMMM being human basically! You get the point... but in an auto response... More like a thank you from me for being so kind to update your auto-response instead of me wondering why I haven't had a response :) 

So what I am getting at is why do we feel bad and need to suppress ourselves out of what we call guilt or formal protocol? Now I will say there are times we do need to apologize and that takes real sincerity but for the most part COME ON!

What started this: 

"Hello. I am sorry but I am currently out of the office on vacation. Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone at XXX-XXX-XXXX. I will gone from XX/XX/XX until XX/XX/XX. 
I will have limited access to my email and will make every effort to reply if I can.  
Have a great rest of your week/weekend, talk to you soon. "

Some people would say no biggie but it GETS OLD and that is a horrible state of mind to stay in when it's a FREAKING VACATION... or even something so mundane as taking a half day!

As I gain more perspective into why people say the things they do it helps me be more aware of what I am saying and doing and I LOVE IT!!!

Stay REAL. Stay Focused. Stay True to You.


Here is a great read that relates in so many ways with a similar perspective:

No comments:

Post a Comment

**FRESH POST**

Why do we SIGH?